IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Excellent Deals Thread

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Most Excellent Deals Thread Sun 03 Jun 2012, 9:11 pm

sloan

sloan

I'll start off with a rummage sale deal yesterday.

This is a nicely working Intellivision model 1. Was a little dirty, but it cleaned up nicely. Pictures show $1.00 price tag, but they had everything for 1/2off, so I got it for 50 cents.

Most Excellent Deals Thread INTV001

Most Excellent Deals Thread INTV002

Church rummage sales are the best for me. I once got a working 32X for $1 at a rummage sale.

2Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sat 14 Jul 2012, 2:19 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

Wow, that was a steal!

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

3Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sat 14 Jul 2012, 5:18 pm

sloan

sloan

Y, and the system plays nicely. Almost for free. santa

4Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sat 14 Jul 2012, 5:19 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:Y, and the system plays nicely. Almost for free. santa

That makes it an even better deal! Wink

5Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sat 14 Jul 2012, 10:54 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

tongue There is a name for people like you sloan! But I will not say it. tongue

That looks better than mine and I wasn't that price lucky.

I will say well done!! Good find on the 32X aslo!

6Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:45 pm

sloan

sloan

Here's another I picked up about a year ago. Not so recent, but one of the better thrift store finds I have ever came across.

Most Excellent Deals Thread ChronoTrigger

7Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:13 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Sweet!! You must live in a video game gold mine area?

Last edited by onthinice on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : in)

8Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:40 pm

sloan

sloan

I guess I don't ever want to come across as braggy or boastful. I am blessed. I lived more rural for many years and my current collection would not have been possible in that environment. My wife and I moved about an hour north for a job about six years ago, and we are located closer to a gaming hotbed. I have 12 Goodwill/Salvation Army outlets, 4 retro gaming outlets, and 3 pawn shops within a 40 minute radius of my house. Those, along with lots of sweet yard sale deals and church rummage sales have helped me amass a huge collection, mostly over the past three years. I have my original Sears Video Arcade (Atari 2600) from 1980 and NES from 1985, along with a Jaguar system purchased new in 1996, but most everything else has come since 2009. I was laid off and out of work for 11 months, from February 2009 until January 2010, and got heavily into game collecting to beat the boredom.

9Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:47 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:I guess I don't ever want to come across as braggy or boastful. I am blessed. I lived more rural for many years and my current collection would not have been possible in that environment. My wife and I moved about an hour north for a job about six years ago, and we are located closer to a gaming hotbed. I have 12 Goodwill/Salvation Army outlets, 4 retro gaming outlets, and 3 pawn shops within a 40 minute radius of my house. Those, along with lots of sweet yard sale deals and church rummage sales have helped me amass a huge collection, mostly over the past three years. I have my original Sears Video Arcade (Atari 2600) from 1980 and NES from 1985, along with a Jaguar system purchased new in 1996, but most everything else has come since 2009. I was laid off and out of work for 11 months, from February 2009 until January 2010, and got heavily into game collecting to beat the boredom.

Wow, sounds like the area you are in is great for this stuff. I don't get as lucky in Miami. I hardly ever see any consoles or games at any Goodwill or Salvation Army store. Since I go to Philly for work meetings, I can check on a store that is nearby in NJ that sells all sorts of retro games. We have nothing like that in Miami.

10Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Mon 16 Jul 2012, 7:42 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I am the same as TrekMD. Once in a while Dreamcast games appear at the local Goodwill but usually they are priced high.

If I want to find anything it's seems to be always out of town.

I have said it before but I hope you both get more pictures posted. I really like to see the different things I may have passed on or did not know even existed.

11Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sun 23 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm

sloan

sloan

Came across this today at Goodwill. Kind of dirty, but it should clean up fine.

Most Excellent Deals Thread 100_0280-16123972

Most Excellent Deals Thread 100_0281-28829803

12Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sun 23 Sep 2012, 4:31 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

That is awesome! Congrats on your find!

13Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sun 23 Sep 2012, 5:12 pm

sloan

sloan

Thanks.

Someone besides me needs to post some sweet finds, if only to make it look like I am not bragging or anything.

14Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sun 23 Sep 2012, 5:13 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

Well, if I found anything in a thrift store, I would. But thrift stores down here don't have game systems. I've never seen one!

15Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Sun 23 Sep 2012, 5:18 pm

sloan

sloan

Actually, that is the first Colecovision I have ever seen in the wild. I got my other CV system through a Craigslist deal a couple years ago. When I walked down the electronics aisle at that Goodwill store today and saw that CV system, my heart jumped in my chest. I think I paid $30 for my expansion module #2 a while back, much less the whole system and some games included for the same price.

16Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Tue 25 Sep 2012, 2:12 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Really nice find sloan! I haven't seen may finds either. Good to know the deals are still out there.

17Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Wed 26 Sep 2012, 8:37 pm

sloan

sloan

TrekMD wrote:Well, if I found anything in a thrift store, I would. But thrift stores down here don't have game systems. I've never seen one!

onthinice wrote:Really nice find sloan! I haven't seen may finds either. Good to know the deals are still out there.

I have seen quotes like this from others on other sites. It makes me sad for people that live in veritable gaming deserts. One thing that plays into it is Goodwills that sell everything online, nothing at the local level.

18Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Wed 17 Jul 2013, 10:10 pm

sloan

sloan

Yard sales were good this past weekend. Gamecube titles were 25 cents a piece, PS2 games were $1 each, and PSX games ranged from $1-$2.50.

Most Excellent Deals Thread 100_0306_zps6aa5f4cd

19Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Wed 17 Jul 2013, 11:16 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

Dang, that was good indeed!

20Most Excellent Deals Thread Empty Re: Most Excellent Deals Thread Wed 24 Jul 2013, 8:12 am

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

sloan wrote:Yard sales were good this past weekend. Gamecube titles were 25 cents a piece, PS2 games were $1 each, and PSX games ranged from $1-$2.50.

Most Excellent Deals Thread 100_0306_zps6aa5f4cd

Shocked Great find!!!! So many Mario themed games. Only time I ever find more than one Mario game is when, someone has three or four Super Mario/Duck Hunts for sale at the same time. Mad Laughing 

Thanks for sharing!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum