IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Atari 2600 Sears Tele-Games Console

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Atari 2600 Sears Tele-Games Console Empty Atari 2600 Sears Tele-Games Console Thu 19 Jan 2012, 5:55 pm

Rev

Rev
Admin
Admin

Atari Inc. also continued their OEM relationship with Sears under the latter's Tele-Games brand label, which started in 1975 with the original Pong. Sears released several versions of the 2600 as the Sears Video Arcade series from 1977 to 1983. These include the Rev. A "Heavy Sixer" model in 1977, the Rev. B "4 switch" model in 1980, and the US version of the Atari 2800 branded as the Sears Video Arcade II in 1983.[14]

Sears also released their own versions of Atari Inc.'s games under the Tele-Games brand — often with different titles[15] — which included the Tele-Games branded variations of text and picture labels. Three games were also produced by Atari Inc. for Sears as exclusive releases under the Tele-Games brand: Steeplechase, Stellar Track, and Submarine Commander.[15]

Sears' Tele-Games brand was unrelated to the company Telegames, which also produced cartridges for the Atari 2600 — mostly re-issues of M-Network games.

http://www.intvrevolution.com

2Atari 2600 Sears Tele-Games Console Empty Re: Atari 2600 Sears Tele-Games Console Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:09 pm

sloan

sloan

My first game console was a Sears 4-switch model. The knotty woodgrain was so nice.

I have wondered, though, how one retail chain (Sears) held such sway as to demand and receive embellishment through manufacturers of that day. Look at Kenmore appliances and realize Atari was not the only company coerced. it is akin to Wal-Mart demanding that Sony sell a store brand PS3 console. Sounds pretty ridiculous these days, if you think about it. I am guessing Sony would tell them to stick it.

3Atari 2600 Sears Tele-Games Console Empty Re: Atari 2600 Sears Tele-Games Console Thu 20 Dec 2012, 1:37 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

It is crazy now. My only guess would be the reach Sears had back then with their catalog business. Now the internet has allowed all that same reach.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum