IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Genesis Controller Collection

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Genesis Controller Collection Empty My Genesis Controller Collection Sat 14 Jul 2012, 5:39 pm

sloan

sloan

Genesis has an extremely large contingent of control devices. I have made it a goal to collect every one of them for this system, and estimate I am maybe 2/3 of the way there. Here are some images of most of my current stock. Please excuse the blurry images taken by my older camera on some of these.

My Genesis Controller Collection Menacer002

My Genesis Controller Collection 085

My Genesis Controller Collection HF6-buttonController

My Genesis Controller Collection TriaxTurboTouch360Controller

My Genesis Controller Collection NAKIStick01-1

My Genesis Controller Collection Naki6-buttonController

My Genesis Controller Collection HF3-buttonController

My Genesis Controller Collection HF3-buttonControllerblueturbo

My Genesis Controller Collection Generic6-buttonController

2My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Sat 14 Jul 2012, 7:25 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

Nice collection of controllers! Maybe I should take pictures of all my Atari controllers and post them. I have quite a few!

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

3My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Sat 14 Jul 2012, 8:51 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Very nice! Hope to see more!

4My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:53 pm

sloan

sloan

Those pics are actually kind of old. I will post some new ones soon. I have since gotten the six button Sega brand arcade stick and the Sega mouse controller, plus a programmable pad for games like Mortal Kombat.

5My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:54 pm

sloan

sloan

TrekMD wrote:Nice collection of controllers! Maybe I should take pictures of all my Atari controllers and post them. I have quite a few!

Please share. I love controllers and have an extensive 2600 controller collection as well.

6My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Sat 14 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Cool. I hope you both share some more pictures.

7My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:27 am

TrekMD

TrekMD

I have to start taking pictures then. Smile

8My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:37 pm

sloan

sloan

My Genesis Controller Collection 100_0197

My Genesis Controller Collection 100_0196

My Genesis Controller Collection 100_0203

My Genesis Controller Collection 100_0204

My Genesis Controller Collection 100_0206

My Genesis Controller Collection 100_0207

My Genesis Controller Collection 100_0208

My Genesis Controller Collection 100_0209

My Genesis Controller Collection 100_0210

9My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:19 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

They are all very nice but that red on the stock Genesis controller really makes it shine! Mine are so faded I am not sure any have the red left on.

Those arcade sticks rock! Have you used them much and are they good for gaming?

10My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:45 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

Wow, really nice! I definitely have to take pictures to post. Smile

11My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Mon 16 Jul 2012, 6:09 pm

sloan

sloan

onthinice wrote:Those arcade sticks rock! Have you used them much and are they good for gaming?

Don't know if you noticed, but that Naki arcade stick (5th pic from top) has a double-ended plug. You can use it on either Genesis or SNES. I have often wondered why no company made adapters to use SNES stock controller on Genesis, and Sega pad on SNES. They are both 6-button configurations, so it can't be too difficult.

Best Genesis games for the arcade sticks, IMHO, are Ms. Pac Man, Ultimate Qix, and most of the fighters like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Eternal Champions, etc. Ms. Pac Man and Ultimate Qix are practically unplayable with the stock Genesis controller when compared to any of the arcade sticks.

12My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Mon 16 Jul 2012, 7:49 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

That is cool! I was to busy drooling over all the controllers.

Thanks for the input. I am a big Pac fan so PacMania would probably be a good one for the stick.

Is that Naki arcade stick your favorite or is there another?

13My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Mon 16 Jul 2012, 7:58 pm

sloan

sloan

Sad thing is I have two different 4-player adapters and no one around to use them with. I remember fondly using them on games of Bill Walsh and NBA Live with my sons when they were younger. These days they are on their own with families and systems like Genesis have too crude of graphics for their tastes. Go figure.

14My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Mon 16 Jul 2012, 8:02 pm

sloan

sloan

Of all those controllers, my favorite is the High Frequency 6-button pad, 3rd from the top. It is slightly larger than a stock Sega pad and fits my large hands better.

As for the stick controllers, I probably prefer the Sega 6-button model. That NAKI one is good, but has a bit of "clickiness". Sega model is smooth and quiet.

15My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Mon 16 Jul 2012, 8:14 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Thanks!! I have been interested in an arcade stick and I'm always looking for replacement controllers.

16My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Mon 16 Jul 2012, 8:19 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:Sad thing is I have two different 4-player adapters and no one around to use them with. I remember fondly using them on games of Bill Walsh and NBA Live with my sons when they were younger. These days they are on their own with families and systems like Genesis have too crude of graphics for their tastes. Go figure.

I have something similar for the Atari Jaguar and I'm in the same situation. There are a couple of games that will allow 4 players simultaneously, something that would be fun, particularly for sports games. Sadly, I end up playing alone most of the time.

17My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Mon 16 Jul 2012, 8:27 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

You should start a Jag thread and tell us your favorites TrekMD?

18My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:12 pm

sloan

sloan

I really think some creative programmers should write internet-enabled versions of classic multi-player games, and someone else would have to come up with a broadband adapter for Genesis, NES, SNES, etc. Multi-player online playing of classic systems/games would be the greatest.

19My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:41 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

onthinice wrote:You should start a Jag thread and tell us your favorites TrekMD?

I'll have to do that. I'm off on a business trip the rest of this week, so I won't be able to post as much until I get back. So, don't worry if you don't see me much here for the next couple of days. I have not gone AWOL! LOL

20My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:I really think some creative programmers should write internet-enabled versions of classic multi-player games, and someone else would have to come up with a broadband adapter for Genesis, NES, SNES, etc. Multi-player online playing of classic systems/games would be the greatest.

That is a cool idea!

21My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Mon 16 Jul 2012, 10:17 pm

sloan

sloan

Y, unfortunately, these broadband adapters would most likely not work with existing games. It would require gamers to purchase new versions of the classics.

22My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Mon 16 Jul 2012, 10:29 pm

sloan

sloan

TrekMD wrote:I have something similar for the Atari Jaguar

As you can tell, I love controllers. I have a one of a kind Jaguar controller (only one like it in the world). I will post a picture of it in a day or so.

23My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Tue 17 Jul 2012, 3:49 am

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:
TrekMD wrote:I have something similar for the Atari Jaguar

As you can tell, I love controllers. I have a one of a kind Jaguar controller (only one like it in the world). I will post a picture of it in a day or so.
Nice! Looking forward to seeing that!

24My Genesis Controller Collection Empty Re: My Genesis Controller Collection Tue 17 Jul 2012, 7:37 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I'm Ready!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum