IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 77 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 77 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was NBA Jam the Pac Man of the 90's?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Was NBA Jam the Pac Man of the 90's? Empty Was NBA Jam the Pac Man of the 90's? Tue 15 Oct 2013, 9:40 pm

sloan

sloan

Similar to how Pac Man/Ms. Pac Man ported to basically every 80's game console, NBA Jam did the same in the 90's (and even 2000's for that matter). Take a look:

And I don't even think this is all the home ports that came out. I still stand by my claim that the Jaguar version was the closest to arcade of any home port I ever played.

2Was NBA Jam the Pac Man of the 90's? Empty Re: Was NBA Jam the Pac Man of the 90's? Sat 19 Oct 2013, 3:55 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

These videos are always cool to watch but they are not usually complete. Looks like this game is one of those with a lot of ports to home systems but it doesn't seem to be as many as Pac-Man.

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

3Was NBA Jam the Pac Man of the 90's? Empty Re: Was NBA Jam the Pac Man of the 90's? Sun 20 Oct 2013, 10:38 pm

sloan

sloan

Yeah, probably not as many console ports as Pac Man, but it still seems to have been the old stand by for many systems trying to gain credibility during that era. Much like Pac Man 'validating' 80's consoles. Jaguar and 32X both had ports and were marginal systems as far as popularity went. Likewise, 5200 and 7800 both had Pac Man (Ms. in case of 7800) ports and were marginal systems popularity-wise as well. Also, kind of ironic that Midway was involved with NBA Jam and Ms. Pac Man (Jr. Pac Man too).

4Was NBA Jam the Pac Man of the 90's? Empty Re: Was NBA Jam the Pac Man of the 90's? Sat 14 Dec 2013, 12:27 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Yes, it seems like to me. The NBA Jam engine was used for the College Slam series as well. Those titles could be added to the list, it is the same game just college teams.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum