IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Intellivision 1149 Keyboard Component with Master Console and accessories for sale soon.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

leapinlar

Janitor
Janitor

I have an Intellivision system that I bought new in 1981 and it has been sitting in the original boxes since then. It has been used very little since I switched to the Atari 800 system shortly after that. It includes the Master Console with three games, the Keyboard Component (serial number 401033), the basic cartridge and original accessories and manuals. I am wanting to sell it. I am looking for advice on where to list it and what price. I know the Keyboard Component is very rare, especially one that is as pristine as mine.

I also have a very large collection of Atari computer hardware and software that I want to get rid of.

intellivotion

intellivotion
Rookie
Rookie

A KC and some software, basic cartridge included, have been recently sold on eBay. You can see their final prices here : http://atariage.com/forums/topic/174007-intellivision-ebay-roundup/?p=3739028

Be ready to get some money!

Good luck

mrme

Rookie
Rookie

leapinlar wrote:I have an Intellivision system that I bought new in 1981 and it has been sitting in the original boxes since then. It has been used very little since I switched to the Atari 800 system shortly after that. It includes the Master Console with three games, the Keyboard Component (serial number 401033), the basic cartridge and original accessories and manuals. I am wanting to sell it. I am looking for advice on where to list it and what price. I know the Keyboard Component is very rare, especially one that is as pristine as mine.

I also have a very large collection of Atari computer hardware and software that I want to get rid of.
I'm a little late here but can you tell us in what city and what store exactly you bought this Keyboard Component? And how much you paid?

leapinlar

Janitor
Janitor

I no longer have the system, I sold it to my adult step son. I bought it at a Jafco store in Kennewick, WA for about $500.

mrme

Rookie
Rookie

Thanks, you don't get to hear from original KC owners much. Do you rememeber if, at that time, any KC cassette tape software was available in the store? When Mattel discontinued it in 1982, did you get a buyback offer from Mattel? Does the tape drive function today, i.e. save/load basic programs?

leapinlar

Janitor
Janitor

Yes, the software I mentioned all was bought at the same store, the basic cartridge, three game cartridges, the family finance cassette program and a box of blank formatted cassettes.I rarely register my software and hardware devices and did not register these, so I got no notification from Mattel. I didn't realize that there had been a recall until recently when I pulled the items from storage. I knew it was rare but did not realize how rare until I researched recently. And yes, the cassette drive still worked, but it sometimes failed to load the first time. I had an audio cassette duplicator machine and I was able to duplicate the formatted tape to use in the KC. When new I was able to modify the finance basic instructions to suit my needs and save the revised program to a blank formatted cassette.

mrme

Rookie
Rookie

Interesting the tapes can be copied easily. I would have thought Mattel would attempt some sort of copy protection. The tape head might need cleaning, nice that it works. There are some rubber parts in the tape drive that in some units have deteriorated over time.

Do you remember how much you paid for the "Family Budgeting" cassette and the blank formatted cassettes. And the BASIC cartridge which must have been extra.

leapinlar

Janitor
Janitor

I think all three things were in the neighborhood of $50-80 each (1980 $).

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum