IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plug-n-Play Games

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Plug-n-Play Games Empty Plug-n-Play Games Sun 13 May 2012, 11:38 pm

GatorDude

Rookie
Rookie

I found my second Jaks plug-n-play gam this weekend. I got a Star Wars game with a controller shaped like Darth Vader's head. It has several built in games. One where you use a light sabre to deflect bombs in a Space Invaders style game, an Asteroids-style space shooter, and a Defender-style side scroller. I suck at the games, but the plug-n-play is well executed. It was a deal for $3.

http://thewatchdude.blogspot.com/

2Plug-n-Play Games Empty Re: Plug-n-Play Games Mon 14 May 2012, 8:03 am

sloan

sloan

I have about 20 or so PnP's, including the Star Wars one you speak of. They also have a Star Wars one that looks like Yoda's head, and a C3P0 one as well. Never have played most of them, including those. Most of them, I pick up for $2-$4 at charity thrifts. I even have a NIB Pirates of the Caribbean I found at GW for $2 some time back.

I think my favorite PnP's are the 80's arcade ones. I love my Space Invaders one that also has Qix, Phoenix, Colony 7, and one other that escapes me at the moment.

I also love my Namco ones for Galaga and all the Pac Man versions. I especially love a game called Super Pac Man.

The most important thing I have noticed about PnP's is to be sure to take out the batteries when not playing them for extended periods, for obvious reasons. I only wish that they had a universal A/C adapter port in all of them so I could use a single power supply on all of them without having to unscrew the battery door every time I want to play.

3Plug-n-Play Games Empty Re: Plug-n-Play Games Thu 24 May 2012, 6:55 pm

GatorDude

Rookie
Rookie

That's a good tip about the batteries for sure I ruined an el cheapo digital camera with batteries that got corroded in about six months.

4Plug-n-Play Games Empty Re: Plug-n-Play Games Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:52 am

GatorDude

Rookie
Rookie

I just wrote up a review of my Jakk's Pacific Pacman Plug-n-Play game. It's a pretty good little unit. It's very sturdy and has a decent array of very playable games. However, Pacman seems to run a bit fast to me. Game titles include Bosconian,Xevious, Galaxian, Galaga, New Rally-X, Pac-Man, Pac-Man Plus, Super Pacman, Pacman & Pal, Mappy, Dig-Dug, and Pole Position.

Here is the complete review: Retro Game System Review: Jakk's Pacific Pacman Plug-n-Play Unit.

5Plug-n-Play Games Empty Re: Plug-n-Play Games Mon 18 Jun 2012, 6:55 pm

sloan

sloan

Nice review. I have that PnP, got it for Christmas of 2010.

6Plug-n-Play Games Empty Re: Plug-n-Play Games Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:56 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Nice review GatorDude!

I have a few PnP. Even the Intellivision 10 in 1 and 25 in 1. Have not even wanted to open them. Since I had most of the games for the actual Intellivision.

But I thought they were both cool so I picked them up.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum